SOURCE: Perspectives on History
by Amanda Seligman
Teaching Career Diversity undid my ancient assumption that a PhD in the humanities should lead to a professorship.
SOURCE: AHA Perspectives
by Erin Leigh Inama, Sarah Stoller, and James Vernon
The myth of the academy as a meritocracy that rewards the smartest and most talented often generates anxiety and depression.
- These Portraits Revolutionized the Way Queer Women Were Seen in the 1970s
- “Decades in the Making”: How Mainstream Conservatives & Right-Wing Money Fueled the Capitol Attack
- What the FBI Had on Grandpa
- Franco: Melilla Enclave Removes Last Statue of Fascist Dictator on Spanish Soil
- Lawrence Ferlinghetti Obituary
- For Many, an Afro isn’t Just a Hairstyle
- With Free Medical Clinics and Patient Advocacy, the Black Panthers Created a Legacy in Community Health That Still Exists Amid COVID-19
- With a Touch of Wisdom: Human Rights, Memory, and Forgetting
- New Exhibit Reckons With Glendale's Racist Past as ‘Sundown Town'
- The Broken System: What Comes After Meritocracy?