SOURCE: The Guardian
Despite its denial of links to far-right groups, the Sons of Confederate Veterans has considerable overlap with them, and was a key player in the fight over statues that led to the notorious "Unite the Right" assembly in Charlottesville in 2017.
SOURCE: NY Times
by William Sturkey
The University of North Carolina’s settlement over a controversial statue is a subsidy for white nationalism.
- Why are Historians at War with the New York Times?
- Labor Historian: Amazon's Warehouse Victory is a Big Step, But Just a Step
- John Mack Farragher on California History as American History
- Nicole Hemmer Reviews Martin and Burns's "This Will Not Pass"
- "We're Still Here": Past and Present Collide at a Native American Residential School