SOURCE: Washington Post
NASCAR did not provide official comment on the SCV’s action in June, but Steve O’Donnell, the stock-car racing organization’s executive vice president and chief racing development officer, called the perpetrator of the stunt “a jackass” at the time in a tweet.
SOURCE: Associated Press
For more than 70 years, the Confederate flag was a common and complicated sight at NASCAR races.
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel