SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
by Julio Capó, Jr.
Today's LGBTQ movement must recall its roots in the defense of marginalized groups against state power. Today, LGBTQ immigrants including the undocumented are among the most vulnerable.
SOURCE: ABC News
"The decision comes as event organizers reckon with the legacy of brutality and abuse against the LGBTQ community by police that they say still continues today."
SOURCE: San Francisco State University
Professor of History Marc Stein looks back at 50 years of celebration, resistance at LGBT pride parades
The historian and author of “The Stonewall Riots: A Documentary History” answers questions about the past, present and future of LGBT pride parades.
- How the US Government Used Comics to Inform Americans About the Holocaust
- Virginia's Governor Took Away the Most Important Piece of Protest Art in the Country. What Should He Have Done?
- Congressional Commission Unveils Proposal to Rename Bases Honoring Confederates
- The Forgotten School Gun Massacre in Stockton, CA
- An Exclusive Look at the New WWI Memorial