"Where Perversion is Taught": The Untold History of a Gay Rights Demonstration at Bucks County Community College in 1968
by Marc Stein
A student protest at Bucks County (PA) Community College in 1968, sparked by the college's decision to block a speech by gay rights advocate Richard Leitsch, should be recognized as a key event in the growing movement for gay liberation.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Jim Downs
Networks of activists transformed Stonewall from an isolated event into a turning point in the struggle for gay power.
- Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham on the AP Af-Am Studies Controversy
- 600 African American Studies Faculty Sign Open Letter in Defense of AP African American Studies
- Organization of American Historians Statement on AP African American Studies
- Historians on DeSantis and the Fight Over Black History
- How the Right Got Waco Wrong