Republican National Convention
SOURCE: Made By History at The Washington Post
Trump’s Convention May Be The Culmination Of Decades Of Republicans’ Dirty Politics
by Julian Zelizer
The low-road tactics have proved to be effective. They play to the worst fears of voters, and they have succeeded in negatively shaping how parts of the electorate view Democratic candidates.
SOURCE: Saved by History
Stars and Stripes and Blasphemy
by L.D. Burnett
What we heard from Mike Pence was a white evangelical Christian swapping out the Savior for the United States flag.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Republican Convention Offers Apocryphal Quotes Amid Revisionist History
Speakers at the Republican National Convention had a loose relationship with historical facts.
SOURCE: The Way of Improvement Leads Home
GOP Convention: Night 3
by John Fea
Historian of American Religion John Fea dissects how the Republicans used and misused history in the third day of their national convention on Wednesday.
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History