by James Thornton Harris
Intended as a tool to circumvent the power of big business in the state legislature, California's ballot initiative process has become yet another channel for the political influence of big money.
- Suffrage: Women's Long Battle for the Vote (Virtual Event, 10/26)
- The Supreme Court Is Helping Republicans Rig Elections
- Online Lecture: Stolen: Five Free Boys Kidnapped Into Slavery and Their Astonishing Odyssey Home (11/2)
- In a Land of Cul-de-Sacs, the Street Grid Stages a Comeback
- Frontline: Whose Vote Counts?