SOURCE: Baltimore Sun
Paul Sarbanes, Longtime U.S. Senator from Maryland who Championed Protection of Chesapeake Bay, Dies at 87
The long-serving Marylander is remembered as a "Stealth Senator" who preferred effectiveness to publicity while championing financial regulation, investigating Watergate and Iran-Contra, and protecting the Chesapeake Bay.
- Black Family and Kansas History Converge at Nicodemus Reunion
- Law is Unclear Whether Public College Faculty Have Free Speech Rights in Classroom
- Recovering the Story of the Black Men who were the Nation's First Paramedics
- U of Idaho Advises Faculty of Legal Jeopardy for Discussing Abortion in Classrooms
- The Long Shadow of Pinochet Over Chile's Constitutional Referendum
- Misha Matsumoto Yee is Gilder Lehrman's History Teacher of the Year
- Aaron Burr: The Highest Ranking US Official to be Charged with Treason – So Far?
- When Italian Immigrants were Tricked into Debt Peonage in the Jim Crow South
- Joshua Tait: Will Thiel-Backed Extremists Torpedo GOP Senate Hopes?
- Marcus Weaver-Hightower on the Politics of School Lunch