SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
by Michael Patrick Cullinane
Like so much of the past, Roosevelt's "Man in the Arena" speech has been hijacked by the cult of individualism. Its real message, about our collective obligations to work for democracy, need to be brought back to light.
by Olivia B. Waxman
Kate Masur, Eric Foner, Manisha Sinha, Nina Silber and Thavolia Glymph describe the selective and deceptive quotings of Lincoln that have sprung up in this political climate and suggest some futher reading.
- 1957 Jerry Jones Photo Shows How Close The Past Really Is
- "Nutcracker" Rooted in Dark Parts of Russian History
- Black Germans Hope to Change Name of Berlin's "Uncle Tom's Cabin" Metro Station
- DeSantis-Backed School Boards Flex Power to Oust District Leaders
- Separating Good and Silly Criticism of FIRE in the Campus Speech Debate