SOURCE: New York Times
by Tish Harrison Warren
What does the Christian faith require in terms of honesty and acknowledgment about the nation's history?
by Michael Kazin
While historians have demonstrated the racist operation of American institutions, it's important to recognize that those institutions have also been instruments for justice.
SOURCE: The Nation
by Elizabeth Anderson
Philosopher Elizabeth Anderson reviews Michael Sandel's critique of meritocracy, a book that locates an explanation for the Trumpian moment in the rise of competitive individualism in the platforms of both major parties.
- Alabama's Capitol is a Crime Scene, with a 120 Year Coverup
- Thank a Hungry Badger for Discovering a Vast Cache of Roman Coins
- The Soldiers Came Home Sick. The Government Denied It Was Responsible
- Is the Challenge to Madison Cawthorn's Re-Election Eligibility For Real?
- Healthy Democracies Don't Scapegoat Their Teachers
- Michigan Professor's Intro Video Stunt Leads to Suspension (content: language)
- New Book Asks if Exercise is a Path to Power for Women
- The Indomitable Rev. Addie L. Wyatt
- National Library of Medicine Announces 2022 History Talks
- State Standards are Failing to Teach Reconstruction and Erasing the Black Freedom Struggle