SOURCE: The Atlantic
Originalism is Just Selective History
by David H. Gans
"This is a Court that insists it is following history and tradition where they lead, while cherry-picking the history it cares about to reach conservative results."
SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
If the Justices Really Value "Originalism," They Can Only Vote One Way in Guns Case
by Saul Cornell
"If the justices professing to believe in originalism are sincere about their method, this case offers the rare opportunity to prove that originalism is not always a prescription for results-oriented judging that follows a conservative political agenda."
Neil Gorsuch Supports an Originalist Theory That Would Destroy Modern Governance
Julian Davis Mortenson and Nicholas Bagley put forth a sweeping argument: an ascendant legal theory championed by conservative originalists has no actual basis in history.
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of