SOURCE: Public Orthodoxy
American Orthodoxy Has a Lost Cause Problem
by Aram G. Sarkisian
"Scholars and other observers are noting the growing links between Orthodox Christianity and the American alt-right."
SOURCE: New York Times
What We Believe About History
by Kristin Kobes Du Mez
"Understanding that beliefs have a history does not preclude a commitment to truths outside of history. But it does prompt believers to consider how historical forces and cultural allegiances may have shaped their own deeply held convictions."
In 1844, Nativist Protestants Burned Churches in the Name of Religious Liberty
by Zachary M. Schrag
Rick Santorum's dismissive take on Native American history led to his ouster at CNN. But his remarks also glossed over a violent history of Protestant intolerance that should be a warning to us today about the danger of the idea that only one creed is truly American.
by Jeremy Sabella
The religious history of America shows a restorationist impulse to seek a return to an idealized past. Without reckoning with the totality of that past, the restorationist project dangerously eliminates accountability.
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations