SOURCE: Black Perspectives
by Robert Hunt Ferguson
"Founded in 1932, the original Highlander Folk School served as an incubator for many of the important ideas that shaped twentieth-century social movements."
SOURCE: The Conversation
From the Labor Struggles of the 1930s to Today, the Highlander School has Sought to Make America More Equitable
by Jelani M. Favors
From the Great Depression through the Civil Rights era and beyond, Myles Horton's Highlander Folk School was a rare interracial space for political organizing.
- Glenda Gilmore's Bio Shows Artist Romare Bearden Reckoning with the South
- Erika Lee and Carol Anderson on Myths and Realities of Race in American History
- Banished Podcast: Sunshine State's Descent Into Darkness
- Caroline Dodds Pennock on The Indigenous Americans Who Visited Europe
- Why Can't the Democrats Build a Governing Majority? (Review of Timothy Shenk)