Originally published 11/25/2013
Archaeologists reveal the "sweet, strong" flavor of ancient booze, and wonder whether they might be able to recreate it.
Originally published 09/05/2013
Archeologists in Italy have set about making red wine exactly as the ancient Romans did, to see what it tastes like.
Originally published 02/23/2013
For decades, Nelson Mandela's name has been synonymous with political reform and the struggle against South African apartheid.Now with the launch of House of Mandela Wines, his daughter and granddaughter hope to add fine wine to the list of associations.It's a sign of just how far both the wine industry and the country have come since 1994, when apartheid was dismantled and Mandela was elected the nation's first black president...
- Originally published 09/30/2013
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years