New Orleans's Second Line Tradition is a Reminder of the Need for Collective Grieving
Funeral processions and independent second line marches in New Orleans demonstrate the power of the collective and public rituals, and represent the cultural influences of African, Caribbean and indigenous traditions in the city.
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- Stanley Engerman, Co-Author of Controversial History of American Slavery, Dies at 87
- Professor Helps Rescue "Lost" Asian American Silent Film
- Canada Day Festivities Spark Controversy over National History
- German Government Panel of Historians Begins Inquiry into 1972 Munich Olympics Killings