SOURCE: New York Times
Blacks and Jews—Again
by Michael Eric Dyson
At a moment of rising authoritarianism in America and the world, it is necessary for Black America and American Jews to recognize antisemitism as a species of white supremacy that threatens both groups.
James Baldwin's Essay "Negroes are Anti-Semitic Because they're Anti-White" 55 Years Later
by Jacques Berlinerblau and Terrence L. Johnson
"He appears to be attacking one thing (i.e., the Jews), yet his true targets lie elsewhere."
"Blacks and Jews" Authors: Whoopi Not the Enemy, but Gaps of Understanding are Real
Attributing either the Holocaust or anti-Black racism to "man's inhumanity to man" ignores the specific roles of ideology and politics in creating systemic racism. The authors of a new book on Black-Jewish relations in America discuss how discourse goes astray between the general and the specific.
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History