SOURCE: New York Times
Philippe Pétain's Legacy Haunts the Island Where He's Buried
The current French history wars have drawn battle lines over whether Pétain's service in the first world war or his collaboration during the second should be remembered.
Zemmour Acquitted of Holocaust Denial after Crediting Nazi Collaborator with Saving Jews
While there is substantial disagreement on whether Vichy leader Philippe Pétain's decision to turn over foreign-born Jews to the Nazis was motivated by a desire to save French Jews, a court ruled that the right-wing provocateur did not engage in Holocaust denial by endorsing that view.
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- Stanley Engerman, Co-Author of Controversial History of American Slavery, Dies at 87
- Professor Helps Rescue "Lost" Asian American Silent Film
- Canada Day Festivities Spark Controversy over National History
- German Government Panel of Historians Begins Inquiry into 1972 Munich Olympics Killings