A trade catalog for a grocery counter that could store bulk goods like beans and eliminate superfluous packaging was pitched as a patriotic way to save materials for the war effort, and speaks to contemporary desires to cut down on packaging waste.
- 50 Years Later, Remembering Pong's Success
- The Origins of the "White Elephant" Party
- A Stranger's Gift: Family Photos from Before the Holocaust
- New School's Adjuncts Demand Better Pay in Increasingly Acrimonious Strike
- The Cole Family Land in Virginia Holds Incredible Uranium Wealth. Do Descendants of People Enslaved There Deserve a Share?
- The Fall of the American Fraudster?
- Texas Prof Wins John Lewis Award for Work Recovering History of Anti-Mexican Border Violence
- The Racist History of Family Separation, and the Lawyers Challenging It
- Behind America's Relationship to Exercise
- Study: Ashkenazi Jews Have Become More Genetically Similar over Time