Originally published 03/20/2013
The FINANCIAL -- Historian and award-winning author Professor Timothy Snyder will take up the Philippe Roman Chair in History and International Affairs for 2013-14.Professor Snyder is currently the Bird White Housum Professor of History at Yale University, specialising in the political history of central and eastern Europe as well as the Holocaust. A prolific author, he has written five award-winning books including Bloodlands: Europe between Hitler and Stalin, which has been awarded ten awards including the Emerson Prize in the Humanities and the Leipzig Award for European Understanding and was named on 12 book-of-the-year lists for 2010. The Philippe Roman Chair in History and International Affairs is based in LSE IDEAS, the centre for the study of international affairs, diplomacy and grand strategy. The annual post gives LSE the chance to bring a renowned academic from another part of the world to the School for a year of research, teaching and discussion....
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch