SOURCE: Guardian (UK)
Richard J. Evans: Review of Eric Hobsbawm's "Fractured Times: Culture and Society in the 20th Century"
Richard J Evans's The Third Reich at War is published by PenguinEric Hobsbawm was the best-known and most celebrated historian of the 20th century, not just in Britain but all over the world. His major works, four substantial volumes covering the history of Europe in its global context from the French revolution in 1789 to the fall of communism two centuries later, have remained in print ever since their first publication. More than half a century after it appeared, The Age of Revolution is still a staple of university reading lists. The Age of Extremes has been translated into more than 50 languages, and no doubt the foreign publication record of his other books is just as impressive.
- Biden Administration Pauses Transfer of Holy Native American Land to Mining Firm
- The Capitol Riot is an Eerie Repeat of this Tense Era in American History
- Tulsa Public Schools To Launch New Curriculum For Teaching The 1921 Race Massacre
- Commentary: A Farewell to Ithaca College after 18 Years
- Passed Over 3 Times, a Black Marine Colonel Is Being Promoted to General
- ‘We Had a Little Real Estate Problem’: Native American Comedians Get Their Due | Book review
- John Muir in Native America
- The Black Republic: African Americans and the Fate of Haiti
- He Risked His Life Filming A Mississippi Senator's Plantation In 1964
- Trinity College Reckons with Slavery Links as Ireland Confronts Collusion with Empire