Originally published 03/22/2013
U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut, Lebanon after the 1983 suicide bombing.Originally posted on OSU's Origins.On February 1, 2013, a suicide bomber killed himself and a security guard at America’s embassy in Ankara, Turkey. This attack, carried out more than a decade after 9/11, reveals a great deal about the phenomenon we have come to know as suicide bombing.
- Messiah College Professor Says Christians Should Study History, Stop Overreacting to 'War on Christmas'
- Beloved WC Professor Robert Fallaw Dies at 78
- OAH Executive Board Issues Statement on Dissertation Embargoes
- Cynthia Russett, Historian of Women, Dies at 76
- Stanford historian re-examines practice of racial 'passing'