Originally published 03/25/2013
JERUSALEM — Under persistent prodding from President Obama, Israel and Turkey resolved a bitter three-year dispute on Friday with a diplomatic thaw that will help a fragile region confront Syria’s civil war, while handing the president a solid accomplishment as he closed out his visit to the Middle East.
- Smithsonian gets $1M to save endangered languages
- Two world-class libraries launch online archive of ancient Scriptures
- U.S. veteran held by North Korea helped anti-communist guerrilla force in 1950-1953 war
- Paul Aussaresses, 95, Who Tortured Algerians, Dies
- Baffling 400,000-Year-Old Clue to Human Origins