Originally published 03/26/2013
It's the barely-known disaster which claimed the lives of four Birmingham seamen at the height of the Second World War.But the sinking of HMS Dasher is still at the centre of mystery and intrigue, 70 years later.A total of 379 lives were lost when the aircraft carrier went down in just eight minutes off the coast of Scotland on March 27, 1943.The tragedy was put down to an explosion caused by petrol fumes igniting....
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years