SOURCE: The Dallas Morning News
His goal in writing "The American President" was to provide a definitive history of the rise of the United States presidency, from virtual insignificance throughout the 19th century to global powerhouse in the 20th.
SOURCE: Richmond County Daily Journal
It’s “The American President: From Teddy Roosevelt to Bill Clinton,” scheduled for publication in December by Oxford University Press.
by Kathryn Moore
The following is excerpted from The American President by Kathryn Moore, published by Barnes & Noble Books in 2013 (678 pages, $19.95). It covers the life of Barack H. Obama and his presidency through his election to a second term in 2012. For more information, go to: TheAmericanPresident.US. President Barack Obama on December 6, 2012. Credit: Wiki Commons.Table of Contents•Childhood •Hawaii •College •Community Organizing in Chicago •Africa •Harvard •Marriage •Launch of Political Career •State Politics •Senator •Campaign for the Presidency
- A New Film Series Teases Out the Complex History of Black Heroines On Screen
- National Register of Historic Places Often Ignores Slavery's Significance on American South
- On the Trail of America’s First Women to Vote
- How the Black Power Movement Influenced the Civil Rights Movement
- Nine books to read for Black History Month
- Historian Heidi Tworek Interviewed on the History Behind Coronavirus Racism
- Gordon Wood Reviews Mary Beth Norton's ‘1774’ for the Wall Street Journal
- Black Perspectives Reviews Black Banking and Women Financial Power Brokers
- A lost history, recovered: Faded records tell the story of school segregation in Virginia
- H.R. McMaster book `Battlegrounds’ coming out in April