Originally published 06/11/2013
Tuesday, June 4, found just under two hundred very excited people gathered on the sixth floor of the Van Pelt Library at the University of Pennsylvania for PhillyDH@Penn sponsored by PhillyDH, a consortium of "universities libraries / archives, museums, cultural institutions and digital media innovators."View from the sixth-floor balcony. Photo Courtesy of Jen Rajchel.
Originally published 06/06/2013
For the past 48 years, the Mormon History Association has opened its doors to welcome historians and enthusiasts alike. All are welcome as long as they hold one thing in common: An interest in Mormon history.Mormon history lovers will gather for the 48th annual MHA conference June 6-9 in Layton, Utah.Though the group today can boast of a membership of approximately 1,100, with members from Hong Kong to St. George, the Salt Lake-based Mormon History Association came from humble beginnings....
Originally published 04/03/2013
BOWIE, Md. — Scholars will discuss the impact of Martin Luther King Jr.’s life and message during a free public conference at Bowie State University.Friday’s inaugural conference commemorates the 45th anniversary of King’s assassination, which took place on April 4, 1968 in Memphis....
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch