Originally published 06/10/2013
Download this lesson plan as a Word document Download the handout for this lesson plan Download the PowerPoint for this lesson planThis lesson is envisioned as a two-day lesson, which can be extended to a third day, by including an additional day of preparation for the consensus building exercise, and another day for including the New Thinking on Climate Crisis enrichment video.Common Core Standards Correlation:English Language Arts Standards - History/Social Studies - Grades 6-8:Key Ideas and Details: RH.6-8.1. RH.6-8.2. RH.6-8.3.Craft and Structure: RH.6-8.4. RH.6-8.5. RH.6-8.6.Integration of Knowledge and Ideas:RH.6-8.7.Readings/Resources:
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left