Originally published 01/15/2013
Gary Ostrower, professor of history at Alfred University (AU), has been named a “SuperProfessor” by FacultyRow.com.FacultyRow, with 91,000 members in 103 countries, was launched in 2011 and is increasingly gaining recognition in traditional academic institutions throughout the world. “SuperProfessors” has become a prominent platform highlighting achievements of leading academics; instructors given the title “SuperProfessor” are considered the most admirable in their field. They demonstrate excellence, passion, and clarity, and have a wide range of knowledge within their respective field of study.Ostrower was chosen out of a pool of 4,000 applicants for the official 2013 list of SuperProfessors. Currently, there are about 400 SuperProfessors nationwide.Currently the Joseph K. Kruson Distinguished Professor at the University, Ostrower is an AU alumnus. He earned a bachelor of arts degree in history at AU and a master of arts degree and Ph.D. in history from the University of Rochester. He has spent most of his teaching career at Alfred, but previously taught at Vassar College and the University of Pennsylvania....
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires