Originally published 10/16/2013
If liberals really want change, they need to make it happen at the grassroots level.
Originally published 09/05/2013
A Pennsylvania woman donates her grandfather's arm to the National World War I Museum.
Originally published 06/24/2013
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) — University of Colorado regents are conducting a survey to determine whether the school respects diversity for people who disagree on politics, race, gender and sexual orientation.The survey, which was approved Thursday by University of Colorado regents, is planned for the upcoming school year on all campuses.Some conservatives have expressed concern that many educators are too liberal, while other critics have complained that some school officials are intolerant of social differences.In March, the university hired a history professor to be the resident conservative at the Boulder campus. Steven Hayward will serve as the school's first visiting scholar in conservative thought and policy, a temporary position paid by more than $1 million in private funds....
Originally published 04/29/2013
Credit: Obama for America.Cross-posted from Balkanization.Sandy Levinson took Maureen Dowd to task for her column last week, “No Bully in the Pulpit,” which criticized President Obama for failing to pull the votes together to get the gun control bill through the Senate. “Now it's Maureen Dowd who can't connect the dots,” he said.
Originally published 10/10/2013
Right-wingers' desire to be left alone and safe behind symbolic fences is driving their party's self-destructive policies.
- T. rex fossils arrive at Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History
- Quote of the Day -- Time Magazine's Top 100 People
- Investigation: The Resegregation of America's Schools
- 5 Explosive Revelations Leaked from Senate Report Exposing CIA Torture
- In Parts of the South, Glorifying Slavery No Longer Pays the Bills
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original
- U.Va. Historian Alan Taylor Wins 2014 Pulitzer for Book on Slaves and War -- His second Pulitzer!