by B.Z. Khasru
Why did why Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina declare war on Nobel prize winner Muhammad Yunus?
SOURCE: The Washington Post
India and Bangladesh began the exchange of over 160 enclaves – small areas of sovereignty completely surrounded on all sides by another country – and in so doing ended a dispute that has lasted almost 70 years.
by Ron Briley
Contemplating America's complicity in the genocide of Bengali Hindus.
SOURCE: New York Times
by Gary J. Bass
Kissinger and Nixon vigorously supported the killers and tormentors of a generation of Bangladeshis.
by David Patten
Strikers in Ludlow, Colorado, 1914. Credit: Wiki Commons.In Bangladesh, more than six hundred workers died in the collapse of the Rana Plaza with hundreds more still missing and presumed dead. We must be shocked by this tragedy, but not at all surprised.
- Lone Wolves Connected Online: A History of Modern White Supremacy
- 'His Work is a Testament': The Ever-Relevant Photography of Gordon Parks
- History Jobs Stabilized Before COVID-19
- The Stories of Those Who Lost Decades in the Closet
- Archaeologists Unearth Egyptian Queen’s Tomb, 13-Foot ‘Book of the Dead’ Scroll
- This Professor Protested a School’s Racism. Then He Lost His Job
- After the Capitol Was Stormed, Teachers Try Explaining History in Real Time
- Race on Campus: The Mental Burden of Minority Professors
- Against the Consensus Approach to History
- We’ve Had a White Supremacist Coup Before. History Buried It