by B.Z. Khasru
Why did why Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina declare war on Nobel prize winner Muhammad Yunus?
SOURCE: The Washington Post
India and Bangladesh began the exchange of over 160 enclaves – small areas of sovereignty completely surrounded on all sides by another country – and in so doing ended a dispute that has lasted almost 70 years.
by Ron Briley
Contemplating America's complicity in the genocide of Bengali Hindus.
SOURCE: New York Times
by Gary J. Bass
Kissinger and Nixon vigorously supported the killers and tormentors of a generation of Bangladeshis.
by David Patten
Strikers in Ludlow, Colorado, 1914. Credit: Wiki Commons.In Bangladesh, more than six hundred workers died in the collapse of the Rana Plaza with hundreds more still missing and presumed dead. We must be shocked by this tragedy, but not at all surprised.
- Merrittocracy with Keri Leigh Merritt: Kevin Kruse on the 2020 Election
- Radical Protests Propelled the Suffrage Movement. Here’s How a New Museum Captures That History
- Not Every U.S. Presidential Race Has Been Decided on Election Day. Here’s What to Know About America’s History of Contested Elections
- Control, Alter, Delete:Hong Kong Activists and Academics are Hurrying to Digitize Historical Records
- Voter Fraud, Suppression and Partisanship: A Look at the 1876 Election