SOURCE: The Atlantic
His racism and intolerance have always been in evidence; only slowly did he begin to understand how to use them to his advantage.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Many of these oral history collections are housed in presidential libraries or academic institutions and provide biographers with richly detailed firsthand accounts from which to reconstruct Oval Office narratives.
by Robin Lindley
A Conversation with Renowned Poet and Human Rights Activist Carolyn Forché on Her New Memoir, Mass Trauma, History, and the Plight of Refugees Today.
SOURCE: New Yorker
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., was one of many black leaders of the civil-rights movement who spoke with Robert Penn Warren in a series of interviews about race and America in the sixties.
SOURCE: New York Times
The Hoboken Historical Museum is collecting oral histories of Hurricane Sandy's effect on the city.
SOURCE: Associated Press
The collection of oral histories is a joint effort by the Kentucky Distillers' Association and the University of Kentucky's Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History.
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
A federal appeals court on Friday handed an important victory to scholars -- especially those who engage in or rely on oral history -- by reducing from 85 to 11 the number of oral history interviews Boston College must provide to British authorities.In doing so, the appeals court rejected (as it did in an earlier review of the case) the idea that confidential materials collected for scholarship were entitled to a heightened level of protection from outside subpoenas than would be most other documents. But the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit said that some "balancing" of conflicting rights could still be in order, and rejected the U.S. government's contention that there was no need for a court review of the appropriateness of the the subpoenas."[W]e rule that the enforcement of subpoenas is an inherent judicial function which, by virtue of the doctrine of separation of powers, cannot be constitutionally divested from the courts of the United States," said the ruling....
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire