Originally published 10/28/2013
The Hoboken Historical Museum is collecting oral histories of Hurricane Sandy's effect on the city.
Originally published 09/17/2013
The collection of oral histories is a joint effort by the Kentucky Distillers' Association and the University of Kentucky's Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History.
Originally published 06/03/2013
A federal appeals court on Friday handed an important victory to scholars -- especially those who engage in or rely on oral history -- by reducing from 85 to 11 the number of oral history interviews Boston College must provide to British authorities.In doing so, the appeals court rejected (as it did in an earlier review of the case) the idea that confidential materials collected for scholarship were entitled to a heightened level of protection from outside subpoenas than would be most other documents. But the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit said that some "balancing" of conflicting rights could still be in order, and rejected the U.S. government's contention that there was no need for a court review of the appropriateness of the the subpoenas."[W]e rule that the enforcement of subpoenas is an inherent judicial function which, by virtue of the doctrine of separation of powers, cannot be constitutionally divested from the courts of the United States," said the ruling....
Originally published 03/18/2014
The regrettable tendency of U.S. leaders to immediately view the conflict in Ukraine in outdated Cold War terms succeeded only in squeezing out all room for Realpolitik diplomacy and now has led us to a point of crisis unimaginable just weeks ago. CLICK HERE TO READ "The Double Standards of Crimean Cold-War Diplomacy"
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions