Originally published 06/16/2013
Gordon Gee and Dale Lick. Credit: OSU/U.Maine/HNN staff.Cross-posted from the Bangor Daily News.As has been widely reported in recent days, the president of mammoth Ohio State University, Gordon Gee, has been forced to resign his position because of comments he made “off the record” back in December that were only recently reported by the Associated Press. Speaking about why Notre Dame University not been invited to join the Big Ten Conference (now consisting, of course, of ever more than ten schools), Gee lamented that “you just can’t trust those damned Catholics” to do whatever was needed to join. Gee also criticized the University of Louisville as an allegedly inferior academic institution.
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals