Originally published 07/11/2013
Tens of thousands have gathered in Bosnia to rebury 409 newly identified victims of the 1995 Srebrenica massacre on the 18th anniversary of the atrocity in which about 8,000 Muslims were slaughtered.Among the victims are 43 teenage boys and a baby that was born during the ordeal. They are being laid to rest at a special cemetery near Srebrenica where victims are buried as their remains are gradually found in mass graves."This year we are going to bury the youngest victim of the genocide, the Muhic family's baby," Kenan Karavdic, the official in charge of the burial ceremony, said on Thursday....
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- Clinton seen as the most intelligent president, George W. Bush the least
- Yahoo gains access to the CIA’s secret museum
- ISIS Toll: Loss of historic sites in Iraq documented
- Black Southern Voters, Poised to Play a Historic Role
- Historian Tim Furnish says liberals shouldn't be astonished that ISIS is stoning women to death -- "in many Muslim countries ... large majorities ... favor stoning"
- Historian turns baker?
- Timothy Garton Ash remembers an appearance by Putin at a conference in 1994 that's eye-opening
- NYT calls out China for denying visas to historians who write about touchy subjects
- History professor writes and directs a movie about (drum roll) a historian!