SOURCE: Comedy Central
Historian Mary Frances Berry discusses misconceptions about Martin Luther King, Jr., the essential role of protests in politics and her book "History Teaches Us to Resist."
by David Burzillo
Judge Andrew Napolitano's ugly views on Lincoln and the Civil War draw upon a long history of libertarian arguments.
Manisha Sinha: Judge Andrew Napolitano is Wrong, Wrong, Wrong about Lincoln and the Civil War [VIDEO]
by David Austin Walsh
The University of Massachusetts historian went on "The Daily Show" last week to rebut Napolitano's claim that Lincoln could have prevented the Civil War by buying up all the slaves.
SOURCE: Kansas City Star
Don’t underestimate the reach of “The Daily Show.”After Jonathan Sperber, a University of Missouri history professor, appeared on the show in April to discuss “Karl Marx: A Nineteenth-Century Life,” his biography of the German philosopher and revolutionary, he heard from several old friends. “That included the girl I had a crush on in 1966,” Sperber said recently....
- 1957 Jerry Jones Photo Shows How Close The Past Really Is
- "Nutcracker" Rooted in Dark Parts of Russian History
- Black Germans Hope to Change Name of Berlin's "Uncle Tom's Cabin" Metro Station
- DeSantis-Backed School Boards Flex Power to Oust District Leaders
- Separating Good and Silly Criticism of FIRE in the Campus Speech Debate