Originally published 08/13/2013
A MEDIEVAL castle in the Highlands has revealed signs of its bloody past after a musket ball and cannonball were found by archaeologists.The artifacts are the latest discoveries by the team tasked with excavating Mingary Castle in west Ardnamurchan, Lochaber, for the first time.The castle is thought to be the best preserved 13th-century castle in Scotland.The musket ball is just under an inch in diameter and has been described as being “extremely heavy” due to having a high lead....
- Messiah College Professor Says Christians Should Study History, Stop Overreacting to 'War on Christmas'
- Beloved WC Professor Robert Fallaw Dies at 78
- OAH Executive Board Issues Statement on Dissertation Embargoes
- Cynthia Russett, Historian of Women, Dies at 76
- Stanford historian re-examines practice of racial 'passing'