SOURCE: Mother Jones
How Stokely Carmichael Inspired the Most Boring Channel on TV
Brian Lamb saw the Black Power advocate speak in a church in the 1960s, and then saw the news media distort his speech. This experience led to CSPAN, the anti-sound bite contribution to public discourse.
Review of Brett Martin's "Difficult Men: Behind the Scenes of a Creative Revolution: From The Sopranos and The Wire to Mad Men and Breaking Bad"
by Jim Cullen
How TV supplanted the movies as the auteur medium of choice -- and why that may be changing.
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations