SOURCE: The Guardian
100 years after hundreds of African Americans were reportedly killed in Elaine, Arkansas, a memorial is set to bring details of the tragedy to light.
Historians say violent behavior that gave rise to the phrase "run amok" - and then subsided - can teach us about mass killings today.
3/3/18 (originally published in 2013)
There are now so many it's hard to keep track.
- History Professor: Democrats Should Work Around SCOTUS Like Abe Lincoln Did
- New Documentary Sheds Light on Hidden Sexual Violence of the Irish Revolution
- The Origins of Policing in America
- New Patriotic 1776 Commission Struggling To Find Ways To Improve Upon Education System’s Existing Propaganda
- Eric Williams’ Foundational Work on Slavery, Industry, and Wealth