Originally published 11/14/2013
The plaster mask was sold for £175,000 to an overseas buyer earlier this year by a descendant of the brother of its original owner.
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I