Originally published 11/27/2013
Lucien Neuwirth was a Gaullist politician who legalized the birth control pill in France in 1967... and fought in the SAS during World War II.
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse