SOURCE: NY Times
by Mehrsa Baradaran
Nixon’s solution for racial ghettos was tax breaks and incentives, not economic justice.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Kellie Carter Jackson
Without access to political rights, violence becomes a crucial tool in the fight for freedom.
by L.E.J. Rachell
We need to go back to CORE to have a better understanding of the ongoing antiracist movement.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast
"After Tommie Smith and John Carlos raised their fists in silent protest, sports legend Brent Musburger wrote a hateful screed comparing them to Nazis. It’s time for him to say ‘sorry.’ "
SOURCE: Mo4ch News
Fifty years ago this Thursday, a pivotal speech in Greenwood, Mississippi radically changed the direction of the global civil rights movement forever – when Trinidadian immigrant Stokely Carmichael popularized the phrase “Black Power.”
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Benjamin Hedin
Only a few miles away from where the legendary march began, a new phase of civil-rights activism gathered momentum.
SOURCE: The Guardian
New biography of Darcus Howe claims struggle is ignored because it does not fit idea of Britain as 'utopia of fair play'.
- The History Behind Hong Kong's Ongoing Protests
- The last time a ‘Tanker War’ broke out in the Persian Gulf, it lasted for years
- Clarence Thomas says a Smithsonian exhibit about him is wrong. (It’s not.)
- Will Apollo Nostalgia Help NASA Get Its Artemis Moon Money?
- America's M4 Sherman Tank: World War II Wonder Weapon or Blunder Weapon?
- How Accurate is HBO's Chernobyl? Experts Weigh In
- Anthony Price, British author of thrillers with deep links to history, dies at 90
- Students and Parents Push for Better Textbooks to Help Fight Hate and Stereotypes
- CSIS destroyed secret file on Pierre Trudeau, stunning historians
- Truman Library Announces $25 Million Transformation