Originally published 04/16/2014
At a meeting of the National Council for Public History in Monterey, California, historians had an answer.
Originally published 03/24/2014
The first ever unconference for independent historians proved to be a remarkable success.
Originally published 02/27/2014
Major corporations have stepped into the gap as federal and state arts and humanities budgets are slashed.
Originally published 01/03/2014
According to an AHA panel, simply by doing what public historians do best: by building relationships with the local community.
- How Americans Feel About Religious Groups
- Tea Party support linked to educational segregation, new study shows
- History of Philly Rests Under I-95
- Agreement aims to protect North Shore wrecks from looters
- Award-Winning Filmmaker Kevin McCann to Produce the First Film about the Easter Rising in Ireland
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years
- Historian turns baker?