SOURCE: The Nation
“The more I have read his writings, the more I have come to admire and respect him not just as an historian but as a person.”
Third Reich historian Richard Evans worries the similarities between the 1930s and now are too close for comfort
"Of course history never repeats itself. Democracy dies in different ways at different times.”
SOURCE: The Guardian
Newsnight presenter says education secretary's remarks about Professor Sir Richard Evans over first world war were unfair.
SOURCE: Cambridge University
Cambridge University historian Professor Sir Richard Evans declines offer to sue Michael Gove for libel over 'Blackadder' First World War remarks
Gove had called Evans' arguments about World War I those of "an undergraduate cynic."
- Harry Reid on the Senate, the Supreme Court, and a Time for Major Change
- Webinar: Make the Most of Your Postdoc (10/8/2020)
- James E. Hinton’s Unseen Films Reframe the Black Power Movement
- Rimbaud and Verlaine: France Agonises over Digging up Gay Poets
- Would Biden or Trump End America's Forever Wars?