by Aaron J. Leonard
"Honest historians know they have to abandon their arguments when the evidence turns out to disprove them; dishonest historians and conspiracy theorists bend the evidence to fit the argument."
SOURCE: The Nation
“The more I have read his writings, the more I have come to admire and respect him not just as an historian but as a person.”
Third Reich historian Richard Evans worries the similarities between the 1930s and now are too close for comfort
"Of course history never repeats itself. Democracy dies in different ways at different times.”
SOURCE: The Guardian
Newsnight presenter says education secretary's remarks about Professor Sir Richard Evans over first world war were unfair.
SOURCE: Cambridge University
Cambridge University historian Professor Sir Richard Evans declines offer to sue Michael Gove for libel over 'Blackadder' First World War remarks
Gove had called Evans' arguments about World War I those of "an undergraduate cynic."
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time