Originally published 01/23/2014
For Palestinians, there is nothing in Ariel Sharon's career worth celebrating.
Originally published 01/14/2014
In death as well as in life, Sharon remains a polarizing figure.
Originally published 01/12/2014
Arik Scheinerman, who became Ariel Sharon, would go on powerfully to shape the lives of most people in Israel and the Middle East, and not for the good.
- A prominent historian of science dies and no one takes notice
- A pro-Hamas Left emerges among historians, complains Jeffrey Herf
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is