SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
Problems with Legal Marijuana will Demand Coherent Policy Response
by Peter Thilly
The state-by-state variation in marijuana laws means that legalization has the potential to create inequalities and subject some users to state violence. The history of opium in China shows the need for coherent overarching policies.
Russians Invade Afghanistan (Again!), Chinese Fight Iraq War (Again!)
by Tom Engelhardt
What If It Weren’t Us?
Drug References Found on Walls of Ancient Egyptian School
Yes, ancient Egyptian students tripped the light fantastic on opium.
- O'Mara: Politics and Commercial Pressure, not ChatGPT, are the Threats
- Why are the Dems Denying DC Self-Government?
- Anastasia Curwood on Shirley Chisholm's Childhood Heroes
- After Studying Housing Discrimination, This Historian is Fighting it in Court
- How Textbook Publishers are Censoring the Story of Rosa Parks to Sell Books in Florida