SOURCE: Washington Post
Julia Lyons preyed on the sick and dying in Chicago.
by Rebecca Onion
According to scholar Elizabeth Outka, the tragedy haunts modernist literature between the lines.
SOURCE: The New Yorker
In this video historian John M. Barry outlines the comparison between the influenza epidemic of 1918 and the coronavirus.
SOURCE: NY Times
by Mary Elisabeth Cox
We remember the 1914 Christmas Truce as a moment of humanity amid war. Four years later, a darker tale unfolded.
Model also links avian influenza strains to deadly horse flu.
Humphries writes that victims of a mysterious respiratory disease that broke out in northern China in November 1917.
- Hank Aaron's Lasting Impact is Measured in More than Home Runs
- Hank Aaron's 715th, Called by Vin Scully
- Washington Must Treat White Supremacist Terrorism as a Transnational Threat
- Charlottesville Inspired Biden to Run. Now It Has a Message for Him
- Biden Revokes Trump Report Promoting "Patriotic Education"
- How Tuskegee Airmen Fought Military Segregation With Nonviolent Action
- What the History of the Ku Klux Klan Can Teach Us about the Capitol Riot
- Reconstruction Era Expert On Why Politicians Use Terms Unity And Healing
- The COVID-19 Vaccination Drive May be Slow—But it’s Already Faster than Any in History
- Operation Desert Shirt