SOURCE: The New Yorker
by Nicholas Lemann
They didn't understand that Cheney had his own agenda.
The stunning revelation is in Jon Meacham’s new biography of the senior Bush.
SOURCE: Political Wire
“I look at Barack Obama and I see the worst president of my lifetime, without question."
by Alfred W. McCoy
With the release of this Senate report and the media’s pursuit of the facts behind its obfuscations, the full story of abuse, fabrication, and dissimulation inside the CIA is finally starting to emerge.
by Steve Benen
“If we spend our time debating what happened 11 or 12 years ago, we’re going to miss the threat that is growing and that we do face.”
SOURCE: NY Review of Books
by Mark Danner
"What did the third member of the triumvirate, Vice President Cheney—who had known about the conflict for weeks—say at this moment?"
- Brexit will ultimately destabilise Europe, historians fear
- The Justinianic Plague's Devastating Impact Was Likely Exaggerated
- 'Human, vulnerable and perfect': New Rosa Parks exhibit shines light on civil rights legend
- How Charlottesville’s Echoes Forced New Zealand to Confront Its History
- Mary Thompson Featured in Article on George Washington's Dog Breeding
- China Releases History Professor, But Travel Concerns Persist
- Gordon Wood Interviewed on the New York Times’ 1619 Project
- Books by Garret Martin, Balazs Martonffy, Ronald Suny, and Kelly McFarland Featured in Article on NATO at 50
- The secret history of women in America, told through their belongings
- Irish Archive Recreates Documents Lost in in 1922 fire