The History Briefing on Presidential Booing: How Historians Contextualized the News
by Chelsea Connolly
Historians Lawrence Glickman, Kevin Kruse, Heather Cox Richardson, and others weigh in on President Trump's not-so-warm welcome at Game 5 of the World Series.
SOURCE: Washington Post
A history of booing the president at MLB games, from ‘we want beer’ to ‘lock him up’
Herbert Hoover, Harry S. Truman, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama were all booed at baseball games.
6 Great World Series!
by Mark Weisenmiller
For over one hundred years, major league baseball’s World Series has both thrilled fans and reflected historical and societal changes in the United States.
SOURCE: The Columbus Dispatch
Wexner to screen newsreel of ’19 World Series found buried in Canada
Call it a cinematic version of buried treasure.
- A Secret Joke Clouds Harvard's Affirmative Action Case
- An Amateur Historian Helped Find Richard III's Remains Under a Parking Garage. Her Story Hits the Screen
- Why LAUSD Teachers Walked Out
- The Role of US Evangelicals in Radicalizing Ugandans Against LGBTQ Rights
- Culture Warrior Chris Rufo is DeSantis's Most Important Ally
- The PR War for Cancer Awareness has Reduced the Stigma, but not the Cost, of Illness
- The Jim Crow Reign of Terror
- Francesca Morgan Dissects the American Obsession with Genealogy
- Florida Legislation Recalls the Tragic History behind Fights for Sex Education
- Kate Strasdin Breaks Down Authenticity on Bridgerton and other Costume Dramas