by John Gaudet
Ecology can help substantiate historical changes that might otherwise go unnoticed.
by Harini Nagendra
It was during the colonial and post-colonial period when the people of India’s relationship with nature changed (for the worse).
by Jan Kunnas
But we can make a good Anthropocene as well.
by Ruth DeFries
In just two hundred thousand years, a blink compared to the 4.5 billion year history of our planet, we have become the only species whose members live mostly in cities and subsist from food produced by a minority.
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?