Robert La Follette
Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
The fiery progressive Robert La Follette responded with a classic defense of free speech in wartime.
Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
by Elias Isquith
"I was fascinated by the story and fascinated about what it can teach us about politics today."
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- US House "Parental Rights" Bill Threatens to Take Book Banning Nationwide
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History