SOURCE: Charlotte Observer
Donald Trump's chances in North Carolina depend on whether he can successfully deploy the politics of white resentment mastered by the state's longtime senator Jesse Helms.
SOURCE: The New Republic
Danielle Pletka’s historical revision of Jesse Helms’s career shows how Trumpists will rationalize their role in this disastrous presidency.
SOURCE: News Observer
Thirty years ago, North Carolina waged a Senate race that even today staggers the imagination.
- How the US Government Used Comics to Inform Americans About the Holocaust
- Virginia's Governor Took Away the Most Important Piece of Protest Art in the Country. What Should He Have Done?
- Congressional Commission Unveils Proposal to Rename Bases Honoring Confederates
- The Forgotten School Gun Massacre in Stockton, CA
- An Exclusive Look at the New WWI Memorial