This Historian Just Got Back from Kurdistan – And It’s Left Him Feeling Upbeat About the Middle East!
by Brian Glyn Williams
At a time when some American politicians seek to tar whole religions in broad brushstrokes, Islam is not a monolith, it is a mosaic.
SOURCE: Daniel Pipes Blog
by Daniel Pipes
Is a united and independent Kurdistan a prospect we should welcome, or a dangerous idea that would create more problems in the Middle East than it would solve?
- Treating immigrants like criminals has a long history in the United States
- Hundreds of black Americans were killed during 'Red Summer.' A century later, still ignored
- Memes and Memory: How Anthony Johnson, a Captive African, Became a Right-wing Talking Point
- Ed Dwight Was Set to Be the First Black Astronaut. Here’s Why That Never Happened.
- 75 Years After World War II Theft, a Painting Returns to Italy
- Kruse and Zelizer: Trump Is a Symptom of an Age That’s Been a Long Time Coming
- Reginald Butler, Former African American Studies Director at UVA, Dies
- Duke Professor Emeritus John Herd Thompson Dies at 72
- ‘The Code’ Review: How Green Was the Valley
- Academics Respond to Wall Street Journal Op Ed Calling Academia "Sweet Racket"